Down to Box fitness classes are sixty minutes of high energy, engaging and targeted boxing training specifically catered towards individuals needs and abilities. The class involves a warm-up, conditioning, group work, movement practice and cool down to provide a fun and thorough class.
- Coordination through boxing techniques
- Beginning skills of self-defense
- Increasing confidence levels
- Identifying movements to improve Hypotonia (low muscle tone and strength- common in individuals with Down syndrome)
- Adaptations based on the individual
- Conditioning for: speed, agility, endurance, accuracy, hand-eye coordination, and footwork
Become a Boxer
Ever wanted to put on the gloves and get in the ring? We would love to have you join and train with us at Down to Box.
Become a Coach
Find out if you are eligible to coach and then join us at one of our Training certification camps.
Start a Club
Are you a local Down syndrome group, other organization or gym who wants to bring Down to Box to your area?
Interested in volunteering? We would love to have you help us in some capacity! Assist coaches, help at an event…
Learn more and get signed up.